• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal rights in a lawsuit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jcatan33

A person has sued my insurance co. and I saying that I was involved in an auto-accident with them. I was not involved, but they somehow had my insurance information. My insurance company investigated and got statements from everyone involved. I got a letter saying that I now needed to be present to make a deposition to the plaintiff's lawyer(with my lawyer present). Am I required to go? I have given a "sworn" statement to the insurance company more than once.

Yes. Each side in a law suit has the right to depose the other sides witnesses. If there truely was no accident then it should come out in the depositions. Just don't talk to much and don't answer too fast. Repeat the question in your mind, this allows you attorney to offer any objections. Yes, no and I don't know are excellent depo answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">