• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legalese

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mamapat

What is the name of your state? Illinois.
My car was hit in a parking lot. Judge sent case to arbitration and I went w/o a lawyer and won. Defendant's atty filed a motion stating "move the court for a hearing instanter on the attached motion". Attached motion moves for a jury trial. Questions: What is a hearing instanter? Do I have to be present for it? Thank you!

racer72

The lawyer is moving the case to a higher court and wants a decision asap. What the lawyer wants you to do is come to a forum such as this, get some legal advice, and attend court on your own. All he has to do is convince one person out of a group to question the previous decision and because you have no legal representation, you lose. The case has now moved above what you can handle yourself, see a lawyer asap.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">