• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legitimate Claim?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lonnboy

Exactly 3 weeks ago, two days before my college graduation, I was struck, nearly head-on by a drunk driver. As a result, my car was deemed a total loss. Fortunately, I came away with only a couple of bumps and bruises, and did not pursue any medical claims against the woman's insurance company. The problem is this: I still owed $3,000 on my car which was originally financed for $6,500. The insurance company valued my car at $3,861 and paid off the loan, leaving me with a whopping $861. I put a deposit down on a used car, priced at $6,900, assuming I would have no problems with financing. But, repayment of my student loans begins in November. Thus, I can't get financing from any lender because of these loans against my current income. I have approached 4 lenders over the past 2 weeks, 2 of which I have accounts with. I also tried the bank that financed the totalled vehical, with whom I had perfect credit with, for more than 2 years. I have also tried Lending Tree.com, but no one will touch me, not even with a cosigner. I have a rental car which I have been using for the past 3 weeks. But, her insurance company has not reimbursed me for the rental yet, and my credit cards can only afford 1 more week of renting. Then, I will not have a vehical, leaving me unable to commute to and from work. If I can't find someone to finance me the $6,000 that I need to purchase a new car, can I sue the insurance company for that amount claiming undue stress and hardship as a resut of the accident? I am entitled to a vehical of comparable value, correct?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Since you're a college graduate, congratulations, and the word is spelled v-e-h-i-c-l-e.

You are an insurance company "dream come true" claimant. See a Personal Injury attorney immediately to make a proper claim for all damages to which you may be entitled . . . and I mean much more than just your car.

And, if you have any other questions, please mention the State name where this accident occurred (See that red writing way up there ?)

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">