• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lent car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cassiem75

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I will be as breif as I can be about my situation.

I lent my car (2000 Breeze) to a friend until he could have his car fixed. The understanding of this arrangement was the car be returned in the same shape that it was given to him. He also understood that I had full coverage insurance on this car, so if anything would happen to it. I gave him a copy of the insurance policy. When I thought that he had long enough to have his car fixed. I asked for my car back..(never spoke to him in person, only his answering machine). After 2 weeks of this I threatned to have an warrant issued on him if my car was not returned. He called me back the next day I asked him if there was any thing wrong with my car and he told me that someone had vandalized the car when he was at Wal-Mart and knocked my passenger side mirror off and he had it ordered and would call me when it came in but other wise it was in perfect shape. We meet for me to pick up the car. He told me the keys where in the car and he left.

Good thing! There is $2,000-$3,000 in DAMAGE done to my car. I have talked to the sheriffs office and they said I could take out a warrant of indebt nuim(?) for him. It actually looks as if he has wrecked my car. I have tried to reach "my friend" and as before left several messages for him to contact me and tell me the truth about the car and he will not return my calls. Should I call the insurance company? Should I call the police? Call it in as an accident? Vandalisim? How do I handle this?

Oh Yeah! He told me that he needed something showing that I had insurance on the car, because he went thru a road check and did not have anything showing proof of insurance He told me he needed it by this Friday or he was going to lose his license. I believe he needs it because he hit someone. How should I handle this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">