• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sav1

I've got a quick question for you guys....say I own a vehicle that is currently registered but not insured. One day an unlicensed buddy of mine has a emergency and has only the option of jumping into my unisured vehicle to get where he needs to be to fix his problem. Say he recks on his way, would I end up being liable for damages or losses???

seniorjudge

sav1 said:
I've got a quick question for you guys....say I own a vehicle that is currently registered but not insured. One day an unlicensed buddy of mine has a emergency and has only the option of jumping into my unisured vehicle to get where he needs to be to fix his problem. Say he recks on his way, would I end up being liable for damages or losses???
Q: Say he recks on his way, would I end up being liable for damages or losses?

A: There is about a 50-50 chance, more or less.

S

shell007

seniorjudge said:
Q: Say he recks on his way, would I end up being liable for damages or losses?

A: There is about a 50-50 chance, more or less.
SeniorJudge: Why do you say 50/50? I would have thought YES hands down! Uninsured vehicle with an unlicensed driver???:eek: :eek:

Curious!!

S

shell007

seniorjudge said:
My ESP just failed...sorry!;)
SJ: Or you had one of those Whiskey Sours!:D :D

OP: My answer to your question is YES...you would be liable.

Stand by for other advice!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">