• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liability?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pkaat

california
i was driving a car--not my own--in san francisco and accidentally backed into a pedestrian, who fell.
i took him to the hospital. he got my information (including my drivers license state and number) as well as the license plate number on the car.
the car belongs to my university and was on loan to me for use during a service project; the car is insured, as am i as a driver of the car.
i do not have the victims contact info so have no way of contacting him.
(on a side note, i was arrested 3 weeks ago for civil disobedience, i was protesting for affordable housing in san jose. i have not been booked for the charge yet and the court date is still a month away).
what can i do now? should i notify people at my university? will my arrest record complicate this issue?
i am just totally at a loss for what i can/should do now...and i'm worried and scared.

You're kidding, right?

This really isn't an insurance question because the car is owned by the school which is self-insured. If you were driving the car in the course of your employment then you are covered also.

Your question should actualy involve employment and whether you'll still have a job once they find out you hit someone in their car and then failed to report it to them.

Please tell me you weren't on the clock when you got arrested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">