• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability for deductible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wabreu

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
i am in carpool and my carpool member gave me permission to drive his car when necessary. in accident recently I was driving his car and it sustained damage. he received insurance payment, used it to buy new car and wants me to pay $500 deductible. Am i responsible?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

wabreu said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
i am in carpool and my carpool member gave me permission to drive his car when necessary. in accident recently I was driving his car and it sustained damage. he received insurance payment, used it to buy new car and wants me to pay $500 deductible. Am i responsible?

My response:

What makes you think you're not responsible for the $500.00?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I'll bet we won't be hearing from "wabreu" again. You see, his/her question was really, "I know I'm responsible, but is there any way out from having to pay it?"

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">