• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability insure on vehicle but driver fully insured and not at fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

naboylan

What is the name of your state?Texas

My daughter's fiance borrowed my car without my permission. He has driven it before but usually he asked first. I had specifically said that he could not drive it at night, late and at other times only if he asked first. While driving the car he was hit by an SUV running a red light. The car flipped over, but he was not injured. The other car did not stop, but there were witnesses andf a police report was filed. We do have parts of the SUV and a good description and the SUV has been seen in that area before so there is a small chance they still might find him. My problem is I only had liability on my car. The driver (fiance) has full coverage. I made a claim on his coverage bust they said that since he was not at fault they will not cover it. If he had been at fault they would(?). I believe he was at fault for taking the car without permission? Can I do anything?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">