• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

limited tort lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kimmygr33

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I was rear-ended while sitting at a red light. I got out of my car to exchange insurance information, and the driver sped off, almost running me over. Two cars next to me at the red light chased the driver, got his license plate number and called the police. The driver was caught and charged with hit and run.

I received a letter in the mail from the other driver's insurance company letting me know the time limit for filing a lawsuit for full tort and limited tort.

Can I file a lawsuit when I only have limited tort. I am having severe back and neck pain and am being treated by a doctor weekly. They paid to have my car repaired, but dealing with this insurance company has been a complete struggle, they even hung up on me the other day!

Do I have any basis to sue and can I sue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">