• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liscense suspension/driving privvies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mainfrym

What is the name of your state? ohio

Recently i got a license suspension for not showing proof of insurance to an officer which i diddnt have so i have to take the suspension, but thats not what the post is for, i got privvies from the court to drive to my work and college so im doing great, thing is my license naturally expired on my birthday, yesterday. they tell me i need permission from the court to renew, so i call the court and they say they cant tell me, they cant give "legal advice". so im stuck here, i spent over 100 bucks to get the privvies but now i have to renew AGH! can anyone tell me what i need to do?

mainfrym

all i need is to know what i have to do, i managed to squeeze out of the lady on the phone from the court i need to write a letter to the magistrate that gave me the privligies, but i cant afford a lawyer, can anyone help?

moburkes

all i need is to know what i have to do, i managed to squeeze out of the lady on the phone from the court i need to write a letter to the magistrate that gave me the privligies, but i cant afford a lawyer, can anyone help?
Sure. It sounds like its time for you to write a letter to the magistrate. I'd suggest that you have someone proofread it, since your written English skills leave a lot to be desired.

mainfrym

I apologize, I am normally not concerned about proper grammar when I am talking casually, as in a message board. Thank you for your advice though, I have written the letter, next is getting a ride to the courthouse...

seniorjudge

I apologize, I am normally not concerned about proper grammar when I am talking casually, as in a message board. Thank you for your advice though, I have written the letter, next is getting a ride to the courthouse...
Get a full copy of your prior file.

It will show you what you need to do.

And, here's a hint, the deputies like to watch the parking lots and re-arrest defendants who have no driver's licenses....

mainfrym

Get a full copy of your prior file.

It will show you what you need to do.

And, here's a hint, the deputies like to watch the parking lots and re-arrest defendants who have no driver's licenses....
Do you mean my file from the court, or the privileges paper they gave me?

mainfrym

a bit of an update, i gave the letter to the magistrate today, and if you can believe it he accused me smoking weed! i give his secretary the letter but i did not realize his office was in the same room, so he read it right there, told me to go to the next floor for a form to fill out. i go up there she says theres no form, his secretary has to make the form, so i go back down he says she will check on it, i thank him very courteously and step out, he yells for me before i go out the door. i come back he accuses me of smelling like weed, saying it will get me suspended again. i have no clue WHERE he came up with that, it must have been someone else or my deodorant! i have never smoked and i have not even been around it for over 7 years! my great aunt went on and on about how i can sue him for that, but all i care about is getting that letter. thoughts?

seniorjudge

a bit of an update, i gave the letter to the magistrate today, and if you can believe it he accused me smoking weed! i give his secretary the letter but i did not realize his office was in the same room, so he read it right there, told me to go to the next floor for a form to fill out. i go up there she says theres no form, his secretary has to make the form, so i go back down he says she will check on it, i thank him very courteously and step out, he yells for me before i go out the door. i come back he accuses me of smelling like weed, saying it will get me suspended again. i have no clue WHERE he came up with that, it must have been someone else or my deodorant! i have never smoked and i have not even been around it for over 7 years! my great aunt went on and on about how i can sue him for that, but all i care about is getting that letter. thoughts?
Damn judges!

If he is like me (non-smoker with a very keen nose) then he can smell pot/tobacco/whatever, a mile away.

Next time you go, be real fresh and stay away from any kind of smoke before you go.

mainfrym

he must have been smelling someone else, i showered and freshened up before i went and i in no way shape or form have smoked weed or ciggerettes. ever. the last time i could have even gotten near it is like 7 years ago in high school!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">