• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

loss of companionship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

willie1

our son was severly hurt in auto accident.driver was charged for dwi and aggravated asault with vehicle. son was in hospitol 1 week, 3 in icu. broken jaw. dislocated ankle/ tracheotomy. will we be able to sue for loss of companioship? 17 at time of accident but 18 now,senior in high school, was homebound from school for 2 months so he missed out on a lot of things at school. we live in pa. he has a lawyer but should we have him look into this for us also? any help would be gratefully appreciated

T

The Legal Shoppe

Most states allow a claim for loss of consortium by parents in cases of serious and disabling injury. You may also have a claim for loss of the services of your son if you were dependent upon him at the time of the accident. Also, you would be entitled to reimbursement for any medical or rehabilitative expenses which you incur on his behalf.

These are things you should be discussing with the lawyer. Good Luck, and keep in touch.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

The Legal Shoppe said:
Most states allow a claim for loss of consortium by parents in cases of serious and disabling injury.
My response:

Really ?

Tell me the name of such State, and also quote the controlling statute or case law that allows a "Loss of Consortium" claim between parent and child.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">