• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loss Payable Clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BIGREDRUM

What is the name of your state? PA
MY QUESTION IS I HAD SMALL VEHICLE ACCIDENT,INSURANCE COMPANY SAID THAT THE INSURANCE CHECK WOULD BE IN MY NAME AND LEIN HOLDERS NAME , I HAVE A 500 DOLLAR DEDUCTIABLE AND ITS GOING TO TAKE TIME FOR ME TO SAVE THAT UP, SO I'M LOOKING FOR SOME ONE TO FIX MY CAR AT A CHEAPER PRICE, BUT THE LEIN HOLDER WON'T ENDORSE THE CHECK UNTIL THE VEHICLE IS DONE CAN SHE DO THAT? I PAY THE CAR NOTE AND INSURANCE AND KEEP VEHICLE RUNNING ,SO IF I CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY DEDUCTABLE SHE SAID I WILL HAVE TO SEND INSURANCE CHECK BACK IS THAT SO . THANK YOU

Last edited:

teflon_jones

Yes, they can hold the check until the vehicle is fixed. The vehicle is their collateral for the loan and that's part of your contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">