• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

loss of use

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1mudslinger

I was in an accident 11/30 were my truck was damaged severly including frame damage the shop said it will take over a month to fix. I wanted to file a claim with the at fault drivers ins co. for loss of use and just didn't know how to figure the loss, other than my truck payment and ins payment. This is also used as a commercial truck.

justalayman

Well back up there boss. You aren't going to get a truck payment and/or insurance payment. Those are things you would have to pay anyway.

1mudslinger

well thats what I'm asking, What do I ask for if anything. I was under the impression that a victim had a right to compensation for loss of use. I can ask the ins co. but I dont think their going to tell me anything truthful, and I'm questioning if anyone here will either.

justalayman

It's a slow night here and alot of the regular posters don't seem to be around. Sorry I can't help you more. Have you spoken with your insurance company?

T

Trucking Mad

Rehashing An Old Issue

justalayman said:
It's a slow night here and alot of the regular posters don't seem to be around. Sorry I can't help you more. Have you spoken with your insurance company?
1mudslinger has aked this question on different posts that has been answered several times. Look at the other thread that I already answered. The first thread they posted was a few weeks ago where a few others and myself included had a debate on D.V. (dimished value) for the state of Mass. (I stood much corrected on D.V. in Mass)...Apparently they don't like the answers given and hope if they word it different they will obtain the answer their looking for. The facts aren't going to change until the courts change their view on D.V.. Thats the bottom line! :cool:
Look back on 12-14-05 under thread -diminished value- by 1mudslinger :cool:

Last edited:

justalayman

Trucking Mad said:
1mudslinger has aked this question on different posts that has been answered several times. Look at the other thread that I already answered. The first thread they posted was a few weeks ago where a few others and myself included had a debate on D.V. (dimished value) for the state of Mass. (I stood much corrected on D.V. in Mass)...Apparently they don't like the answers given and hope if they word it different they will obtain the answer their looking for. The facts aren't going to change until the courts change their view on D.V.. Thats the bottom line! :cool:
Thank you very kindly :cool:

1mudslinger

asking if there was money owed to me for loss of use not dv

Trucking Mad said:
You seem very ignorant to me! Who is they you are speaking of ? Are you a lawyer or have you experienced this situation before ? If not then I'm not interested in your opinion. I was asking if there was anything owed to me for loss of use of my truck and if so then how much should I ask for from the at fault drivers ins co. . I was not asking about the dimished value .

T

Trucking Mad

Omg, Excuse Me!

1mudslinger said:
You seem very ignorant to me! Who is they you are speaking of ? Are you a lawyer or have you experienced this situation before ? If not then I'm not interested in your opinion. I was asking if there was anything owed to me for loss of use of my truck and if so then how much should I ask for from the at fault drivers ins co. . I was not asking about the dimished value .
:rolleyes: Ignorant of you - personally - yes you would be correct. Ignorant of you and your threads posted-no- Your previous threads were both about D.V. which is loss of value. Indeed loss of use is different than D.V. but you're going to have to give more info about that before I waste anymore time giving you advice.
They - implies that you have not indentified your gender so I couldn't refer to you as he or she. :eek:
Since I have promised the site supervisor (****) I would mind my P's & Q's then I won't slamm you for your ingnorance. :D Trucking Mad is more of a phrase because I "OWN" a Trucking Co :cool: ...not a 4x4 pickup that I go mudslinging in (or am I wrong about that?) :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">