• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loss of Value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarge355

What is the name of your state? TN

Recently, I was involved in a minor accident. The other driver was at fault and his insurance company paid for the repairs. The problem I have is this...my vehicle is an '06 Honda Accord with 17k miles...basically in excellent condition. I requested payment for loss of value and have several hoops to jump through.

For example, I need 2 documented offers from area dealers stating, in their opinion, what the vehicle is worth. Secondly, I need to provide them documentation of similar damaged vehicles sold by that dealer. So far, I have 1 offer, but none of the dealers I spoke with are willing to provide previous sales information.

The 1 offer I received was $14,500 because the damage include the driver's door pillar, which they consider frame damage. When you compare to KBB, Edmunds, etc. this is nearly $4k less, which is nuts. If I'm able to obtain a second offer and can't obtain the similar sales information, what is my next course of action?What is the name of your state?

ecmst12

Not all states recognize diminished value claims. My brief Google search indicates yours is not one of them.

sarge355

Yes, the door pillar was damaged as a result of the accident. Also, I was informed TN does not recognize diminished value; however, the insurance company said I could still request it. Please tell me I'm not fighting a loosing battle!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">