• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost control of car in the rain. Now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

why me

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Over the weekend I was driving my friends car in the rain and hydroplaned, which caused the car to lose control. The car spun around and hit a guard rail. I wasn’t going fast. I think the problem was that the rear tires were bald and had no traction. No one was hurt. The car was not drivable. So I just parked the car and waited for a tow truck to come. I did not fill out a police report.

My friend talked to his insurance agent and the said any valid driver would be covered in the accident. I’m just wondering if my insurance premiums going to be affected. Is this going to affect my clean driving record? If yes, why?

Thanks for the advice.
:confused:

stephenk

Because the accident was caused by your driving. if you believed the tires were too bald to drive in the rain, you shouldn't have driven the car.

LK.

Cars can hydroplane regardless of condition of tires. Speed, use of cruise control, can all be a factor. Nonetheless, as a driver, it is your responsibility to maintain control of the vehicle that you are driving.

As you were the driver, this will likely affect your insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">