• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost load got hit while stopped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jerry92toy

occured in wa, ok so i lost a load and was stopped and a old man swerved hit the load(a mattress) then hit my truck, i was stopped he was 3 blocks north and heading towards me, he was stopped at a light and then proceed on so he should of had plenty of time to see everyhing, and he never slowed down when he hit me, he spin around then hit the front of my truck, so whos at fault?

T

Trucking Mad

jerry92toy said:
occured in wa, ok so i lost a load. what was the load on( a pickup truck, flat bed, dump truck?)
and was stopped and a old man swerved hit the load(a mattress) then hit my truck, i was stopped. While stopped did you have your flashers on, what lane where you in?
he was 3 blocks north and heading towards me, he was stopped at a light and then proceed on so he should of had plenty of time to see everyhing, and he never slowed down when he hit me, he spin around then hit the front of my truck, so whos at fault?
.Had you secured the area was it day or night, was it raining, snowing, dry and sunny.
All these things are important.

Last edited:

jerry92toy

ok, i was stopped hazard lights on, 3 blocks south of a light, the traffic was red then turned to green as i looked in my mirror, so i was goin to wait for traffic to pass, it was at night the man who hit me was about 81 and couldnt read his license number without a magifing glass, he swevered to the left then back into the right lane and hit my truck, then without takin his foot off the gas went forward then came back and hit the front of my truck

HomeGuru

jerry92toy said:
ok, i was stopped hazard lights on, 3 blocks south of a light, the traffic was red then turned to green as i looked in my mirror, so i was goin to wait for traffic to pass, it was at night the man who hit me was about 81 and couldnt read his license number without a magifing glass, he swevered to the left then back into the right lane and hit my truck, then without takin his foot off the gas went forward then came back and hit the front of my truck

**A: what did the cops tell you at the scene?

T

Trucking Mad

jerry92toy said:
1st What type of vehicle were you driving, reg. pickup, flat bed, dump truck, etc.
2nd Was your load secured to the vehicle
3rd Securing the area by having flashers on and flares on the road to indicate a hazard and possibly helping to direct traffic around you.
4th Did the police arrive and fill out an accident report. If yes you need a copy to see what it says. There are 2 sides, was either party cited at fault, even if there was no one cited you may or may not be at fault according to the report
5th If no police and no report, did you exchange info with the other party.

jerry92toy

i was in my pickup truck with my hazzard lights on, i was not cited but im not sure about the other driver, the police were there and made a report and a witness said i was stopped with my hazzard lights on. and the man swerved right then back into my truck, and i havent got a copy of the police report yet, the load came unhooked, i was not cited for it. i think we both might be held responsible for it im not sure yet

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">