• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmarie80

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was involved in an auto accident last December. Due to the injuries I sustained from the accident, I missed approximately 6 wks of work. Also the week that the accident occured, I had worked about 20 hours of OT. Since I missed the last two days of work I lost all the overtime pay in addition to regular pay that particular week.

Since then I have received a partial payment for some of the lost wages. However, I have not seen anything about the overtime pay or the remainder of the 6 wks I was out.
I should also add, that the other driver was cited for the accident. (He ran a stop sign going about 55-60 mph in a residential area) and I was only a passenger in the vehicle that was struck.

My questions to you: Shouldn't I be due any and all lost wages? Is my overtime included as lost wages? (I have records proving that this was time I had already signed up for and was working).

I appreciate any information you can provide. Thank you.

BelizeBreeze

Shouldn't I be due any and all lost wages? Is my overtime included as lost wages? (I have records proving that this was time I had already signed up for and was working).
You are not 'entitled' to anything. Now, what does the attorney reprsenting your insurance company tell you? You know, the one you've retained for this?

jmarie80

BelizeBreeze said:
You are not 'entitled' to anything. Now, what does the attorney reprsenting your insurance company tell you? You know, the one you've retained for this?

Wow its amazing what people assume. Where in my post did I actually state I retained a lawyer? If you would like to pay for one, then maybe I will be able to. However, before jumping to conclusions about me as an individual, do you think it is possible that someone (who might know what they are doing) could point me into general directions about what my rights are? I'm still waiting to hear about what actions the insurance company is going to take regarding this. They've already accepted complete responsibility, the person driving the other vehicle also accepted responsibility for the accident. I have not signed ANY papers in any form regarding this accident.

Lynx 36

It sounds like you received some partial payment from your PIP coverage on your policy f/ lost wages, but I can't be sure. The insurance company who accepted liability will not pay anything out until a settlement is agreed upon. Then you would receive pain and suffering, lost wages etc. But until you agree to settle you will not receive anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">