• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost wages from auto accident.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blau

What is the name of your state? CA

I was involved in an auto accident. Regarding compensation for lost wages. Is the normal amount awarded the Gross pay or the net pay.

Because if it is just the Gross pay. I would lose out on the amount on union due, Vacation benefits (vacation is based on hours worked), taxes (I get a refund), Social Security (the more I pay the more I get in theory), pention.

thanks

blau

racer72

You can ask only for lost compensation. After tax wages, union dues, contributions to your retirement is okay. Taxes, social security, no.

BTW, the amount you pay in social security has absolutely no bearing on the amount you will receive later. SS is a source funded benefit, not accrued retirement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">