• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost wages claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

claim2

What is the name of your state? IL.

Is it a good idea to claim the lost wages at the settlement. Infact I took some days off but they were the paid vacation or sick days given by my company. So technically I did not lose any money.

So can I claim for these vacation / sick days as "lost wages" during the settlement? Also, why would the company write a letter for "lost wages" as they will say that this is the paid vacation.

Any advices in this regard.

Thanks a lot.

BlondeIntel

claim2 said:
What is the name of your state? IL.

Is it a good idea to claim the lost wages at the settlement. Infact I took some days off but they were the paid vacation or sick days given by my company. So technically I did not lose any money.

So can I claim for these vacation / sick days as "lost wages" during the settlement? Also, why would the company write a letter for "lost wages" as they will say that this is the paid vacation.

Any advices in this regard.

Thanks a lot.
I had to look at your other post to fully understand what you were talking about.

If you hadn't used the sick days after the accident, would you have used them for something else? Would the company have paid for those days if you had not used them for your recover after the accident?

If your answer is yes to either question, I think you should add them to your claim.

Since I am not a lawyer, I can't tell you what your chances of compensation are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">