• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost Wages for spouse in Auto Accident case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rwhall

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was in an automobile accident in Georgia December 3, 2005. The accident was not my fault. Another driver pulled into my path while he was making a left-hand turn. It clearly states the fault of the other driver in the police report. I sustained a bad inversion sprain to my right foot/ankle. I was on crutches and then had to wear an air cast. My husband had to take off of work to drive our children to doctor's appointments and such that were scheduled shortly after the accident because I could not drive nor take care of the children. The amount of his lost wages were around $936. The man's insurance company is telling me that they do not have to fully compensate for my husband's lost wages because that is his responsibility to take care of me and the family. I don't feel this sounds right. He would not have lost those days of work if this accident had never happened. Can someone advise me as to whether this is correct. We are in the negotiation process of the settlement for this claim. Thank you kindly for your time and responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">