• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mauled by english mastive in pet store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweckel

i work at a national pet store in ohio. It is the policy of this store to invite their customers to bring their pets in the store when shopping. I train dogs there, but was not in the training area when attacked. A young couple came in with their English Mastive dog, one of the world's largest dogs, i have petted the dog many times before and did so this night. Nothing unusual, then while bending over to pet him, he lunged up and bit me in the face. Sustained 3 one inch rips in my eye and cheek area requiring 20 stitches by a plastic surgeon. I know i have a case against the owners. But i am also interested in some input as to what kind of case i might have against the national store. I feel i do, since they invite this risk openly through their front door. Aside from the accident it self they were negligent in the way they handled themselves after the fact, but another story. Any thoughts and or amounts??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sweckel said:
i work at a national pet store in ohio. It is the policy of this store to invite their customers to bring their pets in the store when shopping. I train dogs there, but was not in the training area when attacked. A young couple came in with their English Mastive dog, one of the world's largest dogs, i have petted the dog many times before and did so this night. Nothing unusual, then while bending over to pet him, he lunged up and bit me in the face. Sustained 3 one inch rips in my eye and cheek area requiring 20 stitches by a plastic surgeon. I know i have a case against the owners. But i am also interested in some input as to what kind of case i might have against the national store. I feel i do, since they invite this risk openly through their front door. Aside from the accident it self they were negligent in the way they handled themselves after the fact, but another story. Any thoughts and or amounts??
My response:

You're entitled to make a Worker's Compensation Claim, only.

Or, you can start wearing a half-mask, wear a Tuxedo and Cape, learn how to play the organ, and learn to sing "Music of The Night". Oh, and make sure there's an echo chamber for that goulish laugh of yours, too.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 04-15-2001 at 09:10 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">