• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical bills exceed insured amount

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mattie3785

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

i was run over in a parking lot due to negligent driver not paying attention and he has assumed responsiblity, but my ER and Lifeflight bill exceed the drivers insured coverage and i am still left with fractures in my knees and ankles that need surgery. i have liability on my truck and currently have no medical insurance. my quesiton is in texas can i seek our legal system to hold the driver responsible for my medical bills over the insrued coverage of his insurance.

justalayman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

i was run over in a parking lot due to negligent driver not paying attention and he has assumed responsiblity, but my ER and Lifeflight bill exceed the drivers insured coverage and i am still left with fractures in my knees and ankles that need surgery. i have liability on my truck and currently have no medical insurance. my quesiton is in texas can i seek our legal system to hold the driver responsible for my medical bills over the insrued coverage of his insurance.
sure. all you have to do is sue the guy. Of course, collecting can be another situation altogether and since Texas exempts so much from seizure when attempting to collect on a judgement, it may not be worth the effort.

Even if you do sue and win, you are still liable for the bills you are getting. You need to attempt to come to some sort of payment plan or such with those bills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">