• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sid

i was injured at my home ,fell n broke my leg,had to have surgery an plate installed,i am located in pa,my problem is,is that my girl friend who did not witness the incident told the emergency room that i fell off the porch,well i really fell in the yard because of a hole in the ground,but my medical report says that i fell off the porch,can her statement that she maid to the emergency room doctors be used against me if i filed a claim against the property owners ins.,i live in a mobilehome that i own,i rent the lot in a park,thank you

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

If it is in the medical report and not crucial to the diagnosis or treatment, it might be able to be excluded.

But also, even if it is allowed in under some other exception to the hearsay rule (this is what the lawyers would be discussing, making motions to the court to include or not), your attorney might be able to discount her statement if she wasn't there to witness it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">