• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stan thompson

I was injured in a fall in California in 1993 and signed an agrrement that the resposible party would be liable for ALL future medical treatment for the neck, back and wrist injury incurred. The agreement was signed by both parties back in 1996 and since then, I've moved to Texas. Since moving here, the insurance company refuses to allow a doctor to treat me for thiese injuries. I have an attorney still in Ca., and he states that he's trying to argue with the company to get me treatment but the red tape is just going to take some time. I feel that 4 years is too long and that he's gotten paid for his services in the past and won't get any monetary compensation for any further action he does, so he's ignoring my requests now. How do I go about getting the medical attention I agreed to?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stan thompson said:
I was injured in a fall in California in 1993 and signed an agrrement that the resposible party would be liable for ALL future medical treatment for the neck, back and wrist injury incurred. The agreement was signed by both parties back in 1996 and since then, I've moved to Texas. Since moving here, the insurance company refuses to allow a doctor to treat me for thiese injuries. I have an attorney still in Ca., and he states that he's trying to argue with the company to get me treatment but the red tape is just going to take some time. I feel that 4 years is too long and that he's gotten paid for his services in the past and won't get any monetary compensation for any further action he does, so he's ignoring my requests now. How do I go about getting the medical attention I agreed to?
My response:

Yours situation started out as an "accident claim", but is now a contract matter. If you want to enforce the contract due to the other party's recalcitrance, then you sue that other party in California for Breach of Contract. Hire an attorney who is familiar with contract litigation.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">