• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical supply company liable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

melissamh

Last year my father had a morphine pump implanted to deal with his back pain. The surgery went fine and the pump controlled the pain for the first two weeks. After that, my father ended up needing surgery many more times to fix the catheter going into his spine. It would become kinked, twisted, and detached. At one time he was leaking cerebral spinal fluid from this. He also had to endure 3 surgeries (cutting the exact same site) in 6 days to fix this thing. After the last one the dr gave us a piece of the catheter and said it was defective. This is appalling!!!! The pain that my father (who is terminally ill with cancer) has experienced is undescribable.
What I was wondering is...Is the medical supply company that made this catheter liable? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We live in Maryland.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">