• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mental anguish. anxiety

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marybo

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

Since my daughter's car accident 3 wks ago she has been very upset and is afraid to drive. We are discussing settlement with the insurance company. Should we seek compensation for her emotional distress in addition to her physical injuries?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

marybo said:
What is the name of your state? Mississippi

Since my daughter's car accident 3 wks ago she has been very upset and is afraid to drive. We are discussing settlement with the insurance company. Should we seek compensation for her emotional distress in addition to her physical injuries?

My response:

Mary, this is about your 5th or 6th question having to do with your daughter's accident. We can't represent you from this site. You're questions lead me to believe that you don't know what you're doing, and setting yourself up for a fall.

Seek the representation of an attorney and get some sleep. You're way too stressed out to handle this yourself.

IAAL

marybo

Fortunately I have not had much experience with auto accidents. I apologize if I have posted too much. I am not expecting representation here, just some ideas from others who have experienced these situations before. I appreciate those who answered my questions. During times of stress people often reach out to others and it was nice to get some feedback. Thank you again.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

marybo said:
Fortunately I have not had much experience with auto accidents. I apologize if I have posted too much. I am not expecting representation here, just some ideas from others who have experienced these situations before. I appreciate those who answered my questions. During times of stress people often reach out to others and it was nice to get some feedback. Thank you again.

My response:

Well, now I'm "reaching out" to you, and telling you from experience that you're being "penny wise, and pound foolish" if you continue this on your own.

The fact is, not every accident is the same, and not every insurance adjuster is the same. You're not "equipped" to handle this matter.

Hire a personal injury attorney tomorrow, and do yourself, and your daughter a favor.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">