• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MI: Parked Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

muffinars

What is the name of your state? Michigan

About 12 days ago I woke up at 3 AM on a Friday morning to cops banging at my door. I went out there to see that a drunk driver had totaled my car as well as my neighbors. I recieved what I thought was a fair amount from my insurance company. But, with my insurance (AAA) I had to pay a $500 deductible. Now I believe I can get that paid for by thier insurance, if the driver had insurance. I have multiple questions, here they are: If the driver does have insurance, how do I find out? The police station has it listed as unknown on the police report. If the driver did not have insurance how can I get the $500 deductible back. Also, since I have missed work and have had major inconviences during the holidays, is there away to sue for lost wages and all of the inconvience. Can I sue the bar (the passenger and driver said they were overserved) or the owner of the vehicle (which is the drunk drivers dad)? Also my neighbors insurance was not paid up to date. His insurance is not covering it. What can he do if the guy did not have insurance? Also the drunk driver fled the scene, but the cops knew of him, and found him at his girlfriends, while his passenger broke his collarbone. So the cops are charging him with fleeing the scene of an injury accident. All help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

HomeGuru

muffinars said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

About 12 days ago I woke up at 3 AM on a Friday morning to cops banging at my door. I went out there to see that a drunk driver had totaled my car as well as my neighbors. I recieved what I thought was a fair amount from my insurance company. But, with my insurance (AAA) I had to pay a $500 deductible. Now I believe I can get that paid for by thier insurance, if the driver had insurance. I have multiple questions, here they are: If the driver does have insurance, how do I find out? The police station has it listed as unknown on the police report. If the driver did not have insurance how can I get the $500 deductible back. Also, since I have missed work and have had major inconviences during the holidays, is there away to sue for lost wages and all of the inconvience. Can I sue the bar (the passenger and driver said they were overserved) or the owner of the vehicle (which is the drunk drivers dad)? Also my neighbors insurance was not paid up to date. His insurance is not covering it. What can he do if the guy did not have insurance? Also the drunk driver fled the scene, but the cops knew of him, and found him at his girlfriends, while his passenger broke his collarbone. So the cops are charging him with fleeing the scene of an injury accident. All help is highly appreciated. Thank you.
**A: and when you filed a claim with your own insurance carrier, what did they tell you?

M

muffinars

They told me to collect the $500 from the drunk drivers insurance. I can't seem to find out if the other driver had insurance, the police will not release that. Is there a web site or somewhere I can go to figure that out? Thanks.

H

hexeliebe

And of course you went to the police station for a copy of the accident report which would have the insurance carrier listed or 'no insurance' written in.

M

muffinars

I recieved a copy of the police report, and it is listed as unknown.

M

muffinars

The driver is in jail, can I sue the owner of the vehicle (driver's father)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">