• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan No-Fault Auto Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

edusek

I am a college student at the University of Michigan. Over the winter break the city of Ann Arbor sent e-mail notices to everyone alerting them of a snow emergency. The notice said cars parked on the street would be towed for the snow removal. My car was legally parked on the street and being out of town I was unable to move it in time for the snow removal. On the 26th of December 2000 my car was put on the back of a tow truck for removal until the snow was cleared. A city truck was attempting to pass the tow truck (which was stationary) and slid into the back of my car. I do not have collision coverage on my car and so filed a claim with the city of Ann Arbor's insurance. I was told today that because the State of Michigan has no-fault insurance I would only be able to get $500 in compensation for the damages that occured to my car when the lowest estimate I got was $3000. Is there anything I can do to get compensated for the rest of the damages?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

edusek said:
I am a college student at the University of Michigan. Over the winter break the city of Ann Arbor sent e-mail notices to everyone alerting them of a snow emergency. The notice said cars parked on the street would be towed for the snow removal. My car was legally parked on the street and being out of town I was unable to move it in time for the snow removal. On the 26th of December 2000 my car was put on the back of a tow truck for removal until the snow was cleared. A city truck was attempting to pass the tow truck (which was stationary) and slid into the back of my car. I do not have collision coverage on my car and so filed a claim with the city of Ann Arbor's insurance. I was told today that because the State of Michigan has no-fault insurance I would only be able to get $500 in compensation for the damages that occured to my car when the lowest estimate I got was $3000. Is there anything I can do to get compensated for the rest of the damages?
My response:

Yes, here's what you can do - -

The next time "No-Fault" insurance comes up for a vote on the ballot, make sure you vote against it.

In the meantime, this is what No-Fault does to a person like yourself, and your stuck.

Better luck next time,

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">