• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

middle car in a 3-car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frustrated80

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Hello, this is the first time I am posting on this site and it seemed helpful.....well, maybe ease my frustration a bit at least...

I was in an accident a few weeks ago. It was a straight road and was around lunch time so there were a lot of cars on the road. I was right near a driveway I was going to turn into, but the truck in front of me had stopped so I slowed down also. I didn't have enough clearance between me and the truck so I didn't attempt turning. I was either at or under 3 mph when the SUV behind me struck me from the rear at about 25 mph on 35 mile zone. I saw her through my rearview mirror as she was plunging towards me and I know that she was just not paying attention to the road and she only noticed that the traffic had stopped at the very last fraction of a second. I could have SWORN that I was at a dead stop...but the SUV driver kept arguing that I was not at a complete stop so I said "fine, whatever".

Anyway, the SUV behind me struck me first, and the force pushed me into the delivery truck in front of me. The rear damage was very minimal - 2 little marks from her license plate - but my frontal damage was very bad. Bad body damage, and possible mechanical damage.

The SUV driver was cited for following too closely (ACDA) and I was not. The delivery truck driver and occupant spoke to the officer briefly then left. I took my car to a body shop immediately following the accident.

Everything would have gone smoothly except now the SUV's driver is claiming that she is not responsible. Even worse, she is saying that I rammed into the truck in front of me FIRST before she hit my rear. When I heard her insurance handler telling me that, I could not even speak. It turns out that the 2 men in the front truck have hired a lawyer and are trying to get some money for medical injury. (the police report says no injury and they looked completely fine by the way)

My car is a compact 2-door. The other 2 cars were big and their cars suffered no obvious damage. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
:mad: :mad:

I am absolutely fuming over this, and the insurance company (state farm) who I am with (so is the SUV driver) is giving me the run-around as to who is liable for my car's damage. Both our claims have been transferred to local offices. When I call the insurance company, no one has seemed like they wanted to help me out and no one is giving me any straight answers.

I know it seems like I'm trying to post a completely innocent picture of myself, but I was completely honest in writing this post (completely subjective as it is...)

If anyone can offer some advice for me, I would really appreciate it. If anything, I feel a little better about being able to vent. I feel that I had no fault in any of this whatsoever (the SUV driver would have rammed into the truck in front of me anyway, had I not been there), but the fact that she is now trying to lie through her teeth is just completely wild.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">