• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor 13 hit car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Ms. VInes

What is the name of your state? alabama
i was driving my car home and a car was turning at an intersection and the car kept turning and hiy me. when the people got out of the car i realized that there was a child driving. she was 13 and her father or mothers boyfriend was in the car with her allowing her to drive. the lowest estimate on my repairs were 1453.00 the father said that he did not have that kind of money and he could not pay to repair my car. He wanted his brother in law to fix my car i let the man look at it but he was not insured or bonded he had a garage in his back yard. they also did not have any insurnace. so what happens now? i was told that i could not file in small claims because it was not over 2000.00 worth of damage. And i was told to go to court when tehy go for the tickets. what do i do what do i say to the judge?

JETX

"so what happens now?"
*** Very simple. You contact YOUR insurance company and file an 'uninsured motorist' complaint. This should be a slam-dunk, since of course you contacted the police at the time and they made a report, right???

"i was told that i could not file in small claims because it was not over 2000.00 worth of damage."
*** The person who told you that is an idiot. Small claims court will hear ANY amount up to the limit of the court. Which is $3000 in Alabama.
http://www.alacourt.org/Publications/sc_questions.htm

"And i was told to go to court when tehy go for the tickets. what do i do what do i say to the judge?"
*** You honestly answer any questions asked of you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">