• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

magnolia

I previously wrote that I hit someone in the rear in Georgia and there was no apparent damage to her car; we didn't call the police. But I failed to say that I did not report it to the insurance company because of the lack of apparent damage. My car had slight damage. She now has estimates ranging from $580 to $850. Am I liable? Could she take me to court. One witness said she did not see any damage either. Thank you!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

magnolia said:
I previously wrote that I hit someone in the rear in Georgia and there was no apparent damage to her car; we didn't call the police. But I failed to say that I did not report it to the insurance company because of the lack of apparent damage. My car had slight damage. She now has estimates ranging from $580 to $850. Am I liable? Could she take me to court. One witness said she did not see any damage either. Thank you!

My response:

Some people, would you not agree, walk around with damaging diseases. But, to look at them, you would think that nothing is wrong with them. That's because you and I aren't doctors, and you and I wouldn't know what symptoms to look for in a diseased person. So, to us, the person looks absolutely okay.

Same thing with cars. Even though a car looks fine from the outside, you and I don't know if the car has suffered internal damage. That's because you and I are not autobody mechanics with the skills to know if the internal bumper system, or otherwise, has been damaged.

Apparently, it did suffer damage.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">