• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor accident & insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

biglaz

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I was involved in a very minor accident yesterday morning; I bumped into another vehicle at a stoplight. There was no damage at all, and no injuries. The police came, because the other person wanted a report, but they basically said no damage no report, and left.

Now, apparently this other person contacted my insurance agent, though I have no clue why. There's no need for a claim. My agent left a message for me to call back. If I call them back and admit to having an accident (albeit no damage, etc), can they file a claim and thus raise my premiums? What should I do about this person I hit? I'm guessing they're trying to file a claim about something if they called my agent...?

Thanks!

biglaz said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I was involved in a very minor accident yesterday morning; I bumped into another vehicle at a stoplight. There was no damage at all, and no injuries. The police came, because the other person wanted a report, but they basically said no damage no report, and left.

Now, apparently this other person contacted my insurance agent, though I have no clue why. There's no need for a claim. My agent left a message for me to call back. If I call them back and admit to having an accident (albeit no damage, etc), can they file a claim and thus raise my premiums? What should I do about this person I hit? I'm guessing they're trying to file a claim about something if they called my agent...?

Thanks!
You should contact your agent and give your side of the story, just in case this person does file a claim against you.

S

shell007

One way or another, your insurance company will continue to contact you. Whether you admit fault or not by answering your phone......the facts are what they are. Tell your side and get some peace. The outcome will probably be the same no matter what. Avoidance won't get you anywhere.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">