• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor car accident no insurance no license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Daisyq1206

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I was in a minor car accident, in an apartment complex lot. I was backing up, but i had STOPPED to put my car in drive. My gear shift was on drive already when i felt a hit behind me. I pulled up and got out my car to see what was the bump. Comes to find out it was another car. Now the police report states she struck me, can her insurance sue me for it? No damage was done to my car, but her front end was dented.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I was in a minor car accident, in an apartment complex lot. I was backing up, but i had STOPPED to put my car in drive. My gear shift was on drive already when i felt a hit behind me. I pulled up and got out my car to see what was the bump. Comes to find out it was another car. Now the police report states she struck me, can her insurance sue me for it? No damage was done to my car, but her front end was dented.
What happened with the first thread you started?

If your car was bumped from behind and you were not at fault, I do not see why you would be sued.

Daisyq1206

I called her law frim place and they told me that her insurance sees me at fault & that i have to pay them the $3,227.62 that they spent to fix her car. And are sending my refusal to pay to the state of texas to have my drivers license suspended.

quincy

I called her law frim place and they told me that her insurance sees me at fault & that i have to pay them the $3,227.62 that they spent to fix her car. And are sending my refusal to pay to the state of texas to have my drivers license suspended.
What happened with the first thread you started?

Who has no insurance and no driver's license?

Daisyq1206

Im in the process of getting my license waiting on my appointment, i was going to go pick up my dad. Im 19, my question is can they suspend my license even without me having one.

adjusterjack

1 - The police officer didn't see the accident so his opinion is largely irrelevant.

2 - Her insurance company has no obligation to you. It's obligation is to it's insured and it's claim rep chose to believe her story and not yours. When you back up and hit somebody (or get hit) the presumption is that you are at fault. Without witnesses, you cannot prove otherwise and your story is biased and self serving and given little or no credibility.

3 - You don't have an insurance company to back you up (how stupid) so her insurance company can rake you over the coals, have your license suspended, sue you or send you to collections and, guess what, when you do buy insurance it'll cost you two or three times what it would have cost you had you bought it when you were supposed to.

Im in the process of getting my license waiting on my appointment, i was going to go pick up my dad. Im 19, my question is can they suspend my license even without me having one.
Yes.

It's called a suspension but it's really just deferring your eligibility for a license until you pay for the damage you caused.

How long will it take you to raise $3,227.62?

Whatever your answer is will be how long it will be until you get a driver license and you probably won't get it until you submit evidence of insurance as well.

Last edited:

Eekamouse

1 - The police officer didn't see the accident so his opinion is largely irrelevant.

2 - Her insurance company has no obligation to you. It's obligation is to it's insured and it's claim rep chose to believe her story and not yours. When you back up and hit somebody (or get hit) the presumption is that you are at fault. Without witnesses, you cannot prove otherwise and your story is biased and self serving and given little or no credibility.

3 - You don't have an insurance company to back you up (how stupid) so her insurance company can rake you over the coals, have your license suspended, sue you or send you to collections and, guess what, when you do buy insurance it'll cost you two or three times what it would have cost you had you bought it when you were supposed to.

Yes.

It's called a suspension but it's really just deferring your eligibility for a license until you pay for the damage you caused.

How long will it take you to raise $3,227.62?

Whatever your answer is will be how long it will be until you get a driver license and you probably won't get it until you submit evidence of insurance as well.
And yes, OP, it totally sucks to be you. You shouldn't have been behind the wheel of an automobile with no license and no insurance. Now you're going to find out why that is. :D

Daisyq1206

Look, i didnt come on here to get judged. I have been driving since i was 14 years old. I have a drivers test scheduled very soon, within a month. I came for advise for help. Im am NOT paying for her car. Ill just go and get me a real lawyer and have him defend me because it clearly states on the police report SHE STRUCK ME. I dont care what her insurance has to say. I know all the driving rules, i have memorized the book of rules to be on the road, and took my 6hrs course to get my permit. Dont comment if your going to be rude and unhelpful. No negativity please.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Look, i didnt come on here to get judged. I have been driving since i was 14 years old. I have a drivers test scheduled very soon, within a month. I came for advise for help. Im am NOT paying for her car. Ill just go and get me a real lawyer and have him defend me because it clearly states on the police report SHE STRUCK ME. I dont care what her insurance has to say. I know all the driving rules, i have memorized the book of rules to be on the road, and took my 6hrs course to get my permit. Dont comment if your going to be rude and unhelpful. No negativity please.
So, you KNOW the answers to all of these questions, since know all the driving rules.

Honestly, it makes things look WORSE for you with regard to driving without a license. You KNEW (and KNOW) that you weren't supposed to be driving, but you felt perfectly fine thumbing your nose at the law.

Daisyq1206

I have a driving permit, im not under going the law. I do everything by the book. Im done talking to you all on my thread. Thanks for nothing!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have a driving permit, im not under going the law. I do everything by the book. Im done talking to you all on my thread. Thanks for nothing!
You decided that you were above the law and entitled to drive without a licensed driver over the age of 19. Furthermore, you decided that you were above the law and entitled to drive without the legally required insurance.

I think I understand, though, your sense of entitlement overpowers all.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
If you know all the rules, why are you driving illegally?

Our collective legal advice is: drive legally. There is no way to legally drive in TX without insurance. Period. There is no way to legally drive in TX without a license. Period.

When you are driving illegally without good reason*, you are legally responsible for the outcome - because if you weren't driving, you wouldn't have been in an accident.

So go get yourself a real lawyer.

Who do you think is going to look more credible to a judge?
a) The law firm employee, or
b) The person who has been openly driving illegally since the age of 14, in flagrant disregard to the laws of TX?

* Good reason: picking up your dad isn't a "good reason". It's not an emergency, there are other options.

Daisyq1206

I was trainig at the age of 13-15 with someone in the passenger seat who has a vaild driver licenses once i was 16 i got a permit. I still have a permit till i go and take my test in a month. I NEVER said i didnt have anyone in the car who didnt have a license. My grandma was in the passenger seat. So like i have said, i dont think im above the law & never done anything to go against it. Only thing thats an issue is no insurance on my MOMS car. Not my car. So before you all keep attacking me, ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">