• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MINOR CHILD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DEBRA MCDONALD

MY 12YR. OLD SON WAS IN A ACCIDENT HE WAS RIDING HIS MOPED IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD.HE WAS COMING OUT OF A CUL-A-SAK.HE HAD A YEILD SIGN. IT WAS A SUNNY DAY AND HAD A HELEMT ON ,THERE WERE THREE MOTORCYCLE COMING AROUND THE CURVE.MY SON SEEN THE FIRST ONE SLOWED DOWN AND THE MOTORCYCLE WENT BY .MY SON STARTED TO PROCESSED NOT SEEING THE OTHER TWO FOLLOWING SECONDS BEHIND THE FIRST;HE COLLIDE WITH THE SECOND MOTORCYCLE AND THE THIRD SWIRLED AROUND .THE POLICE REPORTED STATED THAT MY SON WAS AT FAULT.MY SON WAS TAKIN TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT AWAY.THE OTHER MOTORIST HAD A CUT ON HIS EYE BUT REFUSED TREATMENT AT THE SCENE BUT LATER WENT TO THE HOSIPTAL FOR SOME STICHES.THE DAMAGES FOR THE MOTORCYCLE WAS 3000.00.HIS INSURANCE IS WANTING REIMBURSEMENT FOR THE DAMAGES.THEY SAID IF I DONT PAY THEY WILL HAVE MY LICENSE SUSPENSED,LEIN ON MY HOME,OR A JUDGEMENT AGAINST MY WAGES.IM I AS THE PARENT RESPONDIABLE FOR MY SON .AND CAN THIS INSURANCE COM. DO THIS.THANK YOU

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Please help us to help you. To help us, please take your Cap Lock off and re-type your post. This will help to increase your chances for a response to your post. We thank you for your kind cooperation.

IAAL

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

This is why 12 year olds should not be riding mopeds. Does your state allow this? Since I don't know your state, I can only give you general information:

1. The insurance company can seek it from you if it is found your son shouldn't have been covered in the first place or there is such a clause in your agreement for subrogation or indemnification.

As to your reponsibility for your minor child, you are responsible for negligently entrusting this vehicle to him.

As to your driver's license, yours cannot be suspended.

But why don't you call your state's insurance commission and ask them help you determine what your specific obligations are under your specific insurance policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">