• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor Fenderbender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Crayola

Last week I got in a minor fenderbender with a small pickup truck. It was a gravel parking area, with no real designated parking spaces. I was backin out, and the guy parked behind me at an angle, he left me a small exit. I attempted at it, going less that 5 mph. I ended up hitting him anyways. I hit the rear fender causing minor body damage, about an area of 1 foot by 1 1/2. No damage to frame or lights or anything. Minor stuff..

Seriously, this guy could have gotten out of the way, or atleast honked me! He had a passenger. He just sat there and did nothing, just watched his car get hit.

So i'm wondering if it was completely my fault? If so, how much do you guys think this damage is worth. He brought out 2 estimates. One was for 2k and another was for 1k. Then he offered to take 600 cash. I told him to go call his insurance. I personally don't think it would take more than 500 to pull this sheet metal back out. Its a white car anyways, so paint is cheap.

Thank you for any replies

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">