• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor rear-end

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aardvark16

What is the name of your state? Florida

I rear ended a person today at about 3 mph. It caused minor scratches on my car and bent a little part of hood (very small part) (not going to fix). The other person had a truck. The only problem on his truck was the bumper bent down. It was a semi old beatup truck. No real damage to the bumper besides it bending down. When we talked he said he would rather not get insurance companies involved. To avoid all the hassle I agreed and we exchanged phone numbers. He called and said he is going to find the cheapest estimate to repair the bumper. He didn't say that I was paying but I'm sure thats what he was implying. If I do pay for this to be fixed will that clear me from all liability? Should I get him to sign a paper or what? Thanks for input!

Lynx 36

Definitely have him sign a release. Also, pay w/ a cashiers check. In the memo section have it worded as follows:

For full and final settlement for property damage to yr/make/model.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">