• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in serious accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dolphinlvr63

What is the name of your state? Virginia......15 year old daughter was a back seat passenger in auto accident June 21 2002.. driver did unannounced hill hop which caused car to be
t-boned on my daughters side...My daughter was flown by helicopter to nearest trauma center...with a broken femur and numerous cuts...my daughter indured 4 hours of surgery to repair broken femur with a permanant rod....She now has 1 leg shorter then the other...and the scars from surgery and other cuts....16 weeks of physical tharapy...just graduated from wheelchair nov....2002.. This injury is a life long injury...More future surgerys are going to be needed....What is a justifible amount for my daughters pain suffering ,emotional,as well as permanant scaring and permanant injury.How do insurance companys handle claims when the person is a minor? What about future medical bills...

violetb

I am going through similiar situation with my son. Who knows what a justifiable amount is? Everything always depends on how much insurance was on vehicle or if driver had other assets if you have to sue. Because she is a minor, you will be making the decisions. But this case sounds complicated enough that you may want to have a lawyer. In Virginia you have two years to file a lawsuit so keep that in mind. I tried to do my son's case on my own for a year but now I am turning it over to a lawyer because Allstate is being obstinate. With your daughter's injuries, I would get a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">