• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missed a Court Date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Greyum

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was stopped and cited for no lisence, and no proof of insurance. Anyway I did'nt show up to court and of course now have a warrant for my arrest. Is there anyway I could get this paid off or what not without being arrested? Can i walk into the court house, explain, and try to get off by paying the fine, whatever it may be in full?

JETX

Greyum said:
I was stopped and cited for no lisence, and no proof of insurance. Anyway I did'nt show up to court and of course now have a warrant for my arrest. Is there anyway I could get this paid off or what not without being arrested? Can i walk into the court house, explain, and try to get off by paying the fine, whatever it may be in full?
Of course, no one can guess what action the court might take. Contact the court or have your attorney do so.

jammedbyinsur

missed court!

Why on earth would you miss court you should know as a responsible adult, which I am questioning, that failure to appear in court is a crime. First in most states once a warrent is signed by a judge it has to be served on the person. If I were you I would contact the police department in your area to see if you could turn yourself in. Ask for Warrants division. Sometimes there is no bond set on certain charges and you could be released on ROR, I would not wait until they came to my work or home which they will do. It could be what is called a criminal summons which just has to be served and you be given a new court date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">