• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MISSREAD X-RAYS IN WA. STATE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FIREMAN

My wife passed out [they said from a baby
strok]on Oct 11, 1999. She was said to have
a fractured sholder. After a reasonable time the Doc. put her in PT, untill Jan 5, 2000,
when I got our Provider to authorize a visit
to a a Orthopaedic Surgon. When the Surgon
looked at the x-rays [The very first one taken at the time of addmission to the hosp.
She ask what the admitting Doctor said was
wrong. My wife replyed that He had stated she had 2-3 fractures. The Surgon was upset.
She told my wife that Her sholder was ion fact DISLOCATED!!!!!!!!!!!
We wated to see what if anything the Insurance Co. would say or do. NOTHING!!!!
Is there any recourse? We feel that if the
X-rays had been properly read [by the LAB TEC. THAT NIGHT] that Her sholder would have been Put in place at that time [instead of 5 months later].
Now the Doc wants Her on Viox, and the Insurance Co. will not pay for it.
Wife is suffering

------------------
ROGER

ALawyer

This is almost classic malpractice. The insurance company is not guilty of malpractice, the physicians and/or hospital are. The real issue is damages. See a malpractice lawyer.

As for the insurance company not approving VIOXX, unfortunately in an era of managed health care costs they often only approve less expensive (and often less effective) drugs for their formulary and are not very responsive and they can be even worse than Government run bureaucracies. A similar drug is Celebrex -- ask if they'd cover that and if so ask your doctor if it makes sense to substitute, and if not have him write a letter that makes a strong case for use of the more expensive drug. Or buy it in Canada where it is MUCH cheaper.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">