• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missrepresentation in car purchase.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

afransen

What is the name of your state? Idaho

I bought a car off of ebay. The seller referred me to a 3rd party inspection company. The dealer never said anything about paint work or body work, but the inspector said and wrote on his inspection sheet that car had some very minor body work done, but that "pearl paint was applied to whole car to match." I asked him serveral times whether there was any paint differences on the car, every time he replied that it was clean and there was no paint coloration differences on the car. Anyway when i got the car shipped to idaho before it even rolled off the shippers trailer i noticed the rear bumper was a different color pearl. The next morning the two doors on the passenger side showed an even different color pearl than the bumper. Then i noticed that one piece of trim on the rear passenger door didnt match the other piece of trim on the front passenger door. Then i noticed the front bumper was chipping paint like crazy and that it was......you guessed it**************..another color of pearl. Since i noticed this i have taken it to 4 different body shops, one of them being the body shop that does all the warranty body work for that brand of car. I have recieved 4 quotes and they all said the same thing regarding the different colors of paint. The person i bought it from was informed since day 1 what is going on and why im not satisfied. I have had the car for about a month and have been waiting to see what could be done to fix it. Now that i have been informed from the buyer that the company will pay a portion of what it costs to have it painted, I simply want to send it back and have my money refunded. I will pay for the miles i have put on it, but i feel this was total misrepresentation. Im not a body man, and i saw it right off the bat. Can i send this car back and be refunded for the shipping cost and the purchase price of the car?
thanks
alanWhat is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Q: Can i send this car back and be refunded for the shipping cost and the purchase price of the car?

A: Yes; ask the seller for written permission to do this.

afransen

I agree

I told him that is what i wanted to do and he said that was not an option. That they dont just take cars back. Thanks for the reply i really appreaciate it.
alan Fransen

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">