• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

more on father's insurance woes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lisa38866

I will try to conclude our dilemma by saying we have contacted the state insurance commission and finally heard back from insurance co this week. They said sorry, since the agent who sold Daddy the policy is no longer with them they are not responsible for his lack of explanation regarding the new policy they coaxed my father into buying in 1987 which combined two former policies. And even though he has almost paid in the face value of the policy, they can only offer to continue his coverage for 501.00/month when he turns 82 in Nov.,the higher amount is due to him loosing all of his cash value...My father is distraught. This has already landed him in hospital with heart problems(which he's never had)from worrying he will die and leave us with the financial burden of caring for our Mom who has Alzheimer's. His stress and worry are killing me to watch this hardworking,trusting man who has been grossly neglected by this company

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">