• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorcycle Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jiffenir

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

A week and a half ago my DH was injured in a motorcycle accident. He was traveling through an intersection on a green light and the other vehicle turned right on red. The damages from the accident included the motorcycle, the gear being worn (helmet and jacket), clothing being worn as well as my DH. Currently our bill from the hospital is upwards of two grand however not all charges (radiology) have been billed.

The driver that hit my DH tried reporting the accident to our insurance company as being our fault. She has stated that my DH turned into her vehicle to hit her. Thankfully our insurance company has confirmed her liability and the accident report we received today confirms her liability with a failure to yield, as well. As of now we are waiting on the decision from her insurance company.

Due to her calling our insurance company and trying to lie about the accident I tend to think that we might have a fight on our hands regarding a settlement. I am wondering at what point do we know we need to consider a lawyer and how does one choose a "good" attorney?

We are not looking to make a buck but to make sure we are well compensated for the changes incurred.

LdiJ

Jiffenir said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

A week and a half ago my DH was injured in a motorcycle accident. He was traveling through an intersection on a green light and the other vehicle turned right on red. The damages from the accident included the motorcycle, the gear being worn (helmet and jacket), clothing being worn as well as my DH. Currently our bill from the hospital is upwards of two grand however not all charges (radiology) have been billed.

The driver that hit my DH tried reporting the accident to our insurance company as being our fault. She has stated that my DH turned into her vehicle to hit her. Thankfully our insurance company has confirmed her liability and the accident report we received today confirms her liability with a failure to yield, as well. As of now we are waiting on the decision from her insurance company.

Due to her calling our insurance company and trying to lie about the accident I tend to think that we might have a fight on our hands regarding a settlement. I am wondering at what point do we know we need to consider a lawyer and how does one choose a "good" attorney?

We are not looking to make a buck but to make sure we are well compensated for the changes incurred.
Wait and see how her insurance company responds. If they aren't cooperative and you have full coverage on your own insurance, turn it in to your insurance company and let them handle it. That way you won't have to pay for an attorney. If you don't have full coverage, then contact an attorney once you realize that they aren't going to cooperate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">