• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mr

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

claim2

What is the name of your state? IL

Hi,
I had an accident last year with the other party at fault. My attorney is now in the process of settling it down for our claim of physical injuries. I was having health insurance at the time of accident and is also having the same even now.

Can my health insurance come after me to claim some of the offered money after I settle down now with whatever they are offering now?
Since i recived the treatment, i was thinking that they mak ask for some money from the settled amount given to me from my attorney.

I once received a letter from a recovery services on behalf of my helath insurance and it wants me to know the details of the accident. The letter was lost somewhere and i did not receive anything fromthem so far.

Please help urently. Should I discuss this with my attorney or my health insurance?

racer72

Both of them. If your health insurance paid for any of the treatment associated with the accident, they can and will want to be compensated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">