• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mrbretecky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrbretecky

What is the name of your state?California
my car was stolen and i pretty much knew who did it, so i confronted this person and he denied it so i told him i was going to report it and then as i am filing the report he took the car and had an accident with it and hit and run and was convicted of the charge. Now the person that he hit has legal representation and has attempted to come after me for damages. Is this something i can be held liable for if the report was filed and then the car was involved in an accident within an hour of the filing. I wouldnt think if somone stole your gun and went out and killed someone you would be held liable just because the gun was in your name. Please help me with this one....someone please!!!

mrbretecky

no insurance at the time...inbetween policies

i was inbetween policies technically at the time...any worries

B......

stephenk

Was the police report filed before the accident happened?

How did your friend steal the car? did he have the keys?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">