• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Multi Car accident delaying things

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silhouett

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I was involved in a 4 car accident where I was first in line, a car hit me...
I hit no one...
The car behind me is claiming they were pushed into me.
the car behind them says no and had already existing frontal damage
The truck behind us all was pointed at fault orginally.

I recieved my wages for the three months I was out of work.... and some medical but they are saying the 20,000 limit was reached

I am told because there are 4 parties the insurrance amount imay be devided amoug us... yet I am the only one who didnt hit any one?

I have not be paid for my Car damages yet...?

My question is is this true so far as I have stated it and what do I have for recourse...

Thank You

:eek:

jcook7066

What you have said would seem to be correct

- As you have discovered, the two cars immediately behind you will claim they were pushed into you (after all, they did stop in time) and are therefore not at fault for your damages (what would your reaction be if YOU were the middle car ?) Liability rests solely with the car that started it all and everyone must be repaid from this one small pool of money.

As with your injuries, it is likely that the property damage limits will also be reached. The best remedy is to file a UM / UIM claim on your own policy. Your insurance comapny will go after the at-fault party themselves.

You could sue the at-fault party directly which would be costly and time consuming. Also remember that winning in court and collecting the money are two entirely different challenges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">