• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MVA - Unlicensed, Undocumented Driver (Insured Car) - T-Boned - Totaled - Whiplash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

A female driver ran a stop sign and T-boned my daughter. Daughter extricated & transported via ambulance to local ED - Whiplash, Bruising, Glass Cuts - out of work/school until Monday. Daughter's car, totaled. Offending Driver was driving a borrowed car that did have insurance. However, she is unlicensed and undocumented. Local PD stated that he was charging her with the unlicensed status, no seat-belts for her or her +/- 3 y.o. child, excessive speed (? mph over?), running the stop sign and some additional offenses. He stated that he was referring her to our local immigration team for determination on the undocumented status.

MY QUESTION: I have already filed a claim against the vehicle owner's insurance. What else should I be doing?

Thank you.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

A female driver ran a stop sign and T-boned my daughter. Daughter extricated & transported via ambulance to local ED - Whiplash, Bruising, Glass Cuts - out of work/school until Monday. Daughter's car, totaled. Offending Driver was driving a borrowed car that did have insurance. However, she is unlicensed and undocumented. Local PD stated that he was charging her with the unlicensed status, no seat-belts for her or her +/- 3 y.o. child, excessive speed (? mph over?), running the stop sign and some additional offenses. He stated that he was referring her to our local immigration team for determination on the undocumented status.

MY QUESTION: I have already filed a claim against the vehicle owner's insurance. What else should I be doing?

Thank you.
That is it, unless they deny the claim. Unfortunately that could happen since the owner permitted an unlicensed driver to drive the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">