• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my car involved in accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kanzu

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
One of my friend take my car without my permission and gat accidend.
someone injured in the accident. I don't wont involve myselft in this situation.
Her lowyer started sending me letter. what should I do. Please I need help legal help. whether I have to sue my friend or do something else in order to save myself. Any advice please.
I am sorry onething I forgot to include when I posted this that my car does not have insurance coverage.

Last edited:

stephenk

First, did you report the accident to your insurance company?
Second, did you report the car stolen to the police?
Third, since you are the owner of the car you are involved no matter what.

You'll want to discuss this with your insurance company as the liability coverage follows the vehicle and this was your car so your liable. However, most insurance policys have exclusions for non-permissive drivers and your company may be able to deny liability coverage for the driver of your vehicle.

it is important that you get them involved right away as timing is very important here, you may jeopardize their/your defenses against this by not doing anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">