• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Car Stolen From Mechanic Shop Parking Lot!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mz_browneyez

What is the name of your state? GEORGIA

I took my car in to the shop on Thursday to get my brakes fixed, the mechanic said he was not going to have time do it then but to leave my car and that he would call me when ready, I told him that my car needed to be locked up in the shop during the end of the day for security ( my car had hydraulics, rims, car system ) it was pretty much a show car! The weekend went by and he did not work on my car supposibly because he had to order some parts he didn't have, but he assured me that my car was safe and locked up in the shop. Today I recieve a phone call from some stranger telling me that he found my car behind some office buildings sitting on bricks and stripped. (The reason he knew my telephone number is that I had a for sale sign on my car with my number on it) ok, my question is, what the hell can I do to the stupid mechanic? Can I sue him? does he have to pay me for my car? I don't know what to do!!!!! Help!!! :mad:

stephenk

if you were insured, make a claim with your insurance company under comprehensive coverage for theft.

you should also report the theft to the police and tell them where the can was being stored before the theft.

Has the mechanic called you since your car is not in his shop?

Dolphinlvr63

My daughter also took her car to a shop to have fixed and told them to please put behind fence or inside garage...they left the car out front of the store and it was broken into.Her complete car system was gone broken windows,broken trunk latch, body was all bent up from prying on it trying to open...we made a police report and contacted the corperate company.They had the keys to the car they were resposible for it......The auto companys insurance paid a good amount of money to keep this out of court....My advice is to get the companys insurance information and file a complaint against the company for damages..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">