• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Credit is runied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

damier420

What is the name of your state? Texas

Good Morning everyone,

About 3 weeks ago i got into a Accident. I was not at fault. The lady who hit me insurance totaled my car. I was upside down in my loan. I owed 13k. The insurance company gave me 9k for my car. And the gap insurance paid the rest. My grand father co-signed on this car for me. But can not sign another due to his age and no income. I was not able to get financed for a new car. For 2 reasons. First one was i had limited credit history. As i kept looking going to dealerships, Now i am being denied because of to many recent inquires. These stay on my credit report for 2 years. Can i go after the insurance company. I have suffered major mental anguish. I have missed work. My credit is ruined because of this wreck. I was not hurt.

Please any advice on what to do. I am trying to send pity letters to the credit reporting agency's. Can i get any computation. So i can use it to get a new car.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and reply.

Last edited:

enjay

How is your credit ruined? Based on your post, you don't have enough of a credit history to receive a loan on your own.

damier420

How is your credit ruined? Based on your post, you don't have enough of a credit history to receive a loan on your own.
And now i cant obtain one because of "To many recent inquires" I have been shoping for a insurance company and it shows up. And it was the reason i could not get a gas card. Only thing listed was "To many recent inquires" I have a shell card and a capital one credit card.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The other party is not responsible, in any way, for your inability to finance another vehicle (and the insurance company is even LESS responsible.)

StephenH

Maybe try getting a used or less expensive car. You might also try one of those "Bad Credit Auto Loan" companies. They may be able to loan you money but it will require a high down payment, and probably at very high interest.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
To expand on what Stephen said - you can refinance the loan you get from the high-interest loan co. when your credit score improves...

Betty

No one is responsible for your credit history except yourself (certainly not the other party in the acc. or the ins. co.). I would follow Stephen's advice. Good luck.

JustAPal00

What is the name of your state? Texas

Good Morning everyone,

About 3 weeks ago i got into a Accident. I was not at fault. The lady who hit me insurance totaled my car. I was upside down in my loan. I owed 13k. The insurance company gave me 9k for my car. And the gap insurance paid the rest. My grand father co-signed on this car for me. But can not sign another due to his age and no income. I was not able to get financed for a new car. For 2 reasons. First one was i had limited credit history. As i kept looking going to dealerships, Now i am being denied because of to many recent inquires. These stay on my credit report for 2 years. Can i go after the insurance company. I have suffered major mental anguish. I have missed work. My credit is ruined because of this wreck. I was not hurt.

Please any advice on what to do. I am trying to send pity letters to the credit reporting agency's. Can i get any computation. So i can use it to get a new car.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and reply.
Inquireys don't stay on your record for 2 years, it's more like 4 months.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">