• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My fault?? Please help me out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kelseymcgee

Accident details

This all happened infront of my house in a residential area

-Got into car to pick up little sister
-Turned car on, backed up about 5 feet
-Turned turn signal on, inched away from curb
-Truck came towards me wanting to go past, i waited for it to get past me
-Watched truck go past, Looked behind me, saw no car (theres a blind corner about 50 feet up a hill), looked back forward pulled out a few more and turned the turn signal off when I got to almost the middle of the street
-Started turning towards the left into neighbors’ drive way to turn around
-I get to the middle of the street at about 3 or 4 miles an hour, he was going 25 and Cars hit each other, he was in the left lane or other side of street
-Stopped and put car in park (didnt move from where it got hit, you could tell from where the debri was spewed), other car stopped around 15 feet away again, in the opposite lane
-Got out of car, looked at both cars
-Parents and neighbors came out
-Went inside and took the phone and called the police
-Came back outside when police came

Damages
His car is dented in from the front tire past the passenger side door

My car, The bumper on the drivers side is pushed outward while the fending and bumper on the right side is pushed inwards and to the right

The police were very nice, they didnt say whos fault it was because it was too hard to tell. There was no passengers in my car, but 2 in the other vehicle, but there are 2 witnesses.

The insurance companies are giving me 100 % fault and this is my first time in an accident

They are giving the other kid 0 % fault even and he has been pulled over for 4 + times by officers and the tickets were for speeding/reckless driving

I took pictures but the insurance company didnt really want to see them and they missed out when i told them a truck came towards me so i stopped and waited for it to go through. Supposidly i didnt tell them, but the man needs his hearing checked.

The witnesses said i was driving methodically

I was just wondering if it was really all my fault. Thank you for your advice/help

Kelseymcgee

Oh yeah

They also said it was my fault for pulling off of the curb, but if he had hit a kid instead of a car would it be the childs fault for stepping off of the curb?

And the damages were both over 1500 dollars

teflon_jones

Kelseymcgee said:
They also said it was my fault for pulling off of the curb, but if he had hit a kid instead of a car would it be the childs fault for stepping off of the curb?
Based on the information in your post, you are at fault because the other driver had the right of way.

And yes, it would be the child's fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">